Saturday, April 2, 2016

Blogging from A to Z: B is for Breaking News!

During the month of April last year, I participated in the A to Z Blogging Challenge - one alphabet-themed post per day (except Sundays).  I had such a good time with it that I'm doing it again this year.  I'm loosely organized on the theme of downsizing, minimalism, and small-home living that I've learned in 14 years of living on a small boat.  I'm starting with A is for Anchoring Out, Anger-ing Out, and ending with Z is for Zout and Zwarte Peper (Dutch for salt and black pepper). Click on the A to Z logo on the lower left sidebar for links to many other bloggers participating in the challenge. 

Dawn's light revealed a welcome tall ship silhouette against the brightening sky (this photo is from 2 years ago, at dusk, but the effect this morning was similar)


During last year's challenge, I mapped out posts for all the letters, and got to "B" before being overtaken by events.  My planned "B" topic fell by the wayside as I opted instead to write a requiem for a fellow liveaboard who died of cancer the day before.

This year? Again, my planned "B" post was overtaken by events, although a happier occurrence.  On March 31 we learned that our beloved El Galeon would be paying a last-minute visit to St Augustine before continuing on their way north for the summer's tour to Nova Scotia and the Great Lakes.  And again we'll be on board for at least part of the voyage, though the details are not yet firmed up.  Like most cruising plans, whether for a big boat or a small one, flexibility is key.   I'll keep you posted!

In any case, since my "B" post was already written, I'm doubling up! (Actually, tripling up...)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now I just realized that you've actually written 3 B posts, not 2! You're on fire! Great news about your reunion with El Galeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trip sounds like it's going to be so much fun! I'd love to go to Nova Scotia. And I can't believe you did three posts today! I'm barely keeping up and it's only day 2 lol! -Lucy

    ReplyDelete